Become a GVFCU Member

Love the idea of becoming a part of our credit union? Interested in seeing what it takes to become a member? Welcome!

Field of Membership

The field of membership shall be limited to those having the following common bond:

If you live, work, worship, go to school or volunteer in Livingston or Wyoming Counties, you are eligible to become a member. Also, included are members' immediate family - grandparents, parents, step-parents, spouse children (including adopted and step), grandchildren and siblings (step-siblings).

Important Information about Procedures for Opening a New Account

To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.

How to Join

Any individual within the field of membership may apply for membership by through a field representative or in person at all Credit Union offices. At least $5.00 must be deposited in the member's account to establish a share account. Single or joint membership accounts are available.

Lifetime Memberships

Once you have established membership in the Credit Union, you retain the full borrowing and savings right of that membership for life. This means employees who terminate, or family members who have established membership, have lifetime use of the Credit Union services.

What to bring with you when you come to apply for your membership?

A Valid driver's license, valid government issued picture ID or valid Passport can be used as ID verification. If these documents are not available, GVFCU will use a point system and the new member must be able to provide us with 6 points of identification and social security or tax ID number. In the case of a minor, a birth certificate or social security card is requested along with a parent present.



Return to Home Page

User Login